Choosing Cornea Associates of Texas
Thank you for entrusting Cornea Associates of Texas with your vision and eye care needs. Over the past six weeks, like all of you, Cornea Associates of Texas has been navigating the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to returning to as close to normal as possible, and we have been diligently laying plans to do so safely for both our patients and our staff. We’re sure you’re aware of the constantly changing concerns about the Coronavirus and want to take this opportunity to update you of the precautions our office is taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Our goal is to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for everyone in our office. If you have symptoms of cough, respiratory distress, or a fever, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment by calling 214-692-0146. If you have been in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or have traveled out of the country recently, or to a domestic hotspot we ask you to reschedule your appointment as well.
Following CDC guidelines, we have instituted a comprehensive plan to ensure the safety of patients and our staff while in the office.
What To Expect When You Arrive
When you arrive, you can expect to participate the following screening and protective measures:
- You will check in with the staff without needing to formally sign-in upon arrival.
- Our staff will ask you questions regarding coronavirus symptoms and travel.
- Our staff will check your body temperature with a contact-free thermometer. You will be asked to sanitize your hands. Hand sanitizer is available in all areas of our office.
- You will be required to wear a face (mouth and nose) covering at all times.
- You will be asked to space out from other patients in the waiting room, and we will make every effort to limit patients’ time in the waiting room.
- We will ask that no guests or family members accompany you into the clinic.
- Examples of exceptions include the parent of a minor patient and the family member or nursing aide for a patient with a disability or dementia.
- Plexiglass breath shields have been installed at front check in and check out areas and all surgical counseling areas
- All encounters must be by appointment.
In addition to applying the above screening measures to our own staff on a daily basis, our plans include the following protocols:
- We will maintain 6 feet of social distancing for patients and staff whenever possible.
- The physicians and staff will utilize proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and hand sanitization when interacting with patients.
- The staff will comprehensively sanitize all waiting, testing and exam areas regularly throughout the day.
- We are committed to doing everything possible to your visit safe and pleasant.
Our physicians gladly remain available for both established patients and new patient referrals. If you need a refill on a prescription, have a routine question, or need to make an appointment, we will be happy to do this for you during office hours over the phone. After the above listed hours, please call our main office at 214-692-0146 and follow the prompts to reach our after-hours associate with any urgent needs. Stay healthy and safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Walter Beebe, MD, Brad Bowman, MD
Tyrone McCall, MD, Greg Nettune, MD
Joshua Zaffos, MD, Jamie Alexander, MD, and Luke Potts, MD, PhD
The Staff at Cornea Associates of Texas
About Cornea Associates of Texas
Welcome to Cornea Associates of Texas, the Dallas, Fort Worth, and Plano region's leading eye care facility. Comprised of a team of Texas' most committed, skilled, experienced eye care professionals, each of our physicians has subspecialty fellowship training in treating diseases of the cornea and performing refractive surgery, such as LASIK and PRK. We attribute our outstanding record of success to our qualified staff, stellar customer service, modern technology, and warm, inviting atmosphere. Whether you visit our facility in Fort Worth, Plano or Dallas, your LASIK surgeon will be one of the premier cornea and refractive specialists in Texas.
Because we understand that anxiety is often coupled with refractive surgery and/or the treatment of corneal disease, Cornea Associates of Texas takes a unique approach to customer service. We help set our patients at ease by taking the time to answer any questions they may have, walking them through every step of their procedures in advance so that they know what to expect, and addressing their concerns. We want you to feel informed, comfortable and relaxed.
Our LASIK surgeons, dubbed by some experts as the “Best Doctors in America,” stay abreast of the latest advances in their field through a combination of continuing education courses, research, and hands-on training. Collectively, they have published more than 150 articles and book chapters on corneal diseases and refractive surgery. They also teach others their craft (as clinical professors of ophthalmology at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School) and are actively involved in a number of prestigious professional ophthalmologic organizations, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology, Tarrant County Ophthalmology Society, Dallas County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, International Society of Refractive Surgery, and the Texas Ophthalmologic Association. Rest assured that here - at Cornea Associates of Texas in Fort Worth, Plano and Dallas - you will be in the hands of a qualified eye surgeon.
Our state-of-the-art LASIK surgical suite is equipped with the latest technology, including the VISX excimer laser and the IntraLase femtosecond laser. Several of our surgeons participated in the original Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clinical trials for eximer laser. Our doctors rely on this technology to help us achieve optimal results for all of our patients, whether they are undergoing LASIK, PRK, corneal transplantation, cataract surgery, or one of many other surgeries.
We are recognized by our peers as authorities on refractive errors, corneal problems, and other aspects of eye health. If you are in need of specialized eye care, trust only the best. Turn to Cornea Associates of Texas , now with offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Plano.